Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Creative Cooking Part 2

A few more things you can do, without a kitchen:

Dessert has been almost non-existant... lucky for us, we have Schwans Home Delivery, where we get Rocky Road Ice Cream, and Strawberry fruit bars.  But, my son loves pudding.  So here's a not to Jello... thank you for instant pudding... I made it before I set out dinner, and it was ready when we were.  He was a happy boy.

And, I noticed on the Honey Maid Grham Cracker Box, there is a recipe for a dessert, that is no bake... And it looks really good, but pregnancy brain has set in, and I can't remember what it was called.

So, in an electric skillet, fix up maceroni and cheese, or rice (be warned, rice needs an extra few minutes).  Put it in a glass dish, and wrap the whole dish in aluminum foil, to stay extra warm.  Then, fix up pork chops, however you like your pork chops, I use a little EVOO, and Worchesire Sauce, some garlic, and some pepper, with a few shakes of basil or italian seasoning.  I prefer the sirloin chops, dark meat seems to stay more moist.  Cook those babies up for a few minutes on each side, while you prepare a salda, and viola!  Pork Chops!!!!  We are actually having these tonight.

Sausage and Squash...
last night, I fixed up some chicken and apple sausage.  I sliced up the sausage links, and cooked them in a little bit of EVOO.  (in the electric skillet).  When it was done, I transfered to a heavy glass serving bowl, and covered with aluminum foil.  I took several small zucchini's and two small summer yellow squashes, sliced them once length wise, and chopped them.  Threw them in the skillet with EVOO, and a bit of worchesire sauce.  A little garlic, a little pepper, a little oregano, cooked those up a bit.  Diced a big ol' red tomato, added that to the sausage, in the bowl.  When the squash started to get soft, I added back the sausage and tomatoes, coverd it up, cooked it about 15 more minutes, then served it with a fruit salad and a green salad... it was a hit.  And the squash was AMAZING!

My days of cooking without a kitchen are coming to an end, but maybe fun, new, exciting things I cook up in my new kitchen, will be worthy of a blog post or two :)

No comments:

Post a Comment